AT our recent AGM on 25 March 2019, the Chair referred to the changes to the environment in which we are operating:
- Action Greater Bedminster’s role in replacing many of the functions of the GBCP – not least in managing the community’s relationship with the CIL decision-making process
- The pressure on Bedminster to build new homes versus the importance of keeping public, community, spaces
- West Street’s continuing role as the gateway into Bristol from the West and the airport: the impact of increased traffic on quality of life.
- After discussion, the following three priorities were agreed:
- 5a. Working with the URC Elders and Synod to ensure that the Church and its community facilities are developed and sustained.
- 5b. Keeping a watching brief on the Bedminster Green developments and how they might impact on the West Street neighbourhood: its inter-connectivity with the new residential, shopping and cinema for instance – and/or simply ensuring some of the resulting CIL benefits are spent over this way.
- 5c. Air Quality: await the Mayor’s proposal and decide further action. Work closely with Action Greater Bedminster and others on local campaigns.